Dog Days Baseball

Cottonwood - pennant race specials

Cottonwood - pennant race specials

Postby geebob » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi guys,

Looks like Cottonwood will be outside looking in at the playoffs again this year, so I'll look to clear some salary and build for the future. Not a fire sale, but there could be value here for the right club.

The following players are available:

SP - Ramón 'Slugger' Elizaga. Still only 29, he's a solid lefty starter who has been Cottonwood's ace for several years. Has had a good ERA and WHIP for the past three years, but has had a tough month and his stats have suffered (4.57 1.47 WHIP in 2023). Could do well in a park more favorable to lefties. Two years left on his deal at $6 million per year. No urgency to move him as he's a solid middle of the rotation guy, but would consider pitching prospects or an established arm.

C - Lorenzo Prado. Free agent signing hitting .245 with 16 HR. Two team option years at $7.5M and $6.5M if you want to keep him around. Not looking for much, here - a lower level prospect or mid-round draft choice.

SS - Francisco Canovaca. Middle infielder having a great year (.348 .922 OPS with 10 HR) as a free-agent signing and rated as the league's #8 shortstop. On a $650K contract with two arbitration years coming, so he'll be under contract if he continues to prosper. I'll hold on to him unless I receive a decent offer. ML-ready prospect or good pitching prospect.

2B - Yorvit Tristar. Another middle infielder having a good year (.290 .381 OPS). Had a great June, hitting .349 with 5 HR. Renewed for next season at $740K. I'll hold on to him unless I receive a decent offer. ML-ready prospect or good pitching prospect.
geebob

Return to Trading Block