Dog Days Baseball

team branding

team branding

Postby HoodRiverDave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am

I was just noticing that most teams just have generic logos/colors these days in game. Is there a file I need to bring back the traditional coloring/logos?

Also, will changing logos, colors, etc in our manager screens in game have league wide effects?
HoodRiverDave

Re: team branding

Postby dbemont » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 am

Shoot, over the years I have lost track of how OOTP does it graphics. At some point, it seemed to change from a system where I needed to be involved and knowledgeable to a system where it all happened magically. And meanwhile, I am more or less blind to graphics in nearly all games.

So here is what seems to have happened. Past few months, I have been simming on my laptop, because I have been traveling a lot and this way I rarely miss a sim, despite the moving around. But somehow the laptop has lost its logos and unis for the league. I have my regular PC with me, and loading up the league (game date May 26, 2024), the logos and unis are all still there. But I am not sure what exactly would need to be copied over to the laptop, and if I copy all of the html folder, plus the ballcaps and jerseys folders, I am going to overload the laptop hard drive.

Soneone else may be more up to date on this... or else I may wait til I get home the second week in April and move the league back to the PC, where presumably the proper graphics will kick in again.
dbemont
Site Admin

Postby St Bernard Terror » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am

I think I have all the logos from when I redid some. I'll see if I can put an archive file together with them and post it somewhere to download with instructions.
GM Mark Daniel

St Bernard Terror 1990-2026+, '22 '21 ’04 ’02 ‘00 Champions, 24 Division Championships, 3396 wins-2598 losses .567
also Commissioner of tMBU, GM of Minnesota Lake Monsters(tMBU), Philadelphia Phillies(EIB) and Cincinnati Reds(BTFL)
St Bernard Terror

Postby St Bernard Terror » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:59 pm

OK, this should work :) Let me know if you have any issues.

I'd suggest backing up the folders that I am going to tell you to delete before you delete them.

This logo set is based on what was originally in the DDB when I joined along with revised logos that I did while working with other GMs and the Coyotes new logo is in the archive.
There are a few minor league logos I created (the rest will be either generic or grabbed from the OOTP logos folder)
I have also taken the DDB league logo and made simple logos for each minor leagues.

1) Download the DDB logo file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x4b256praren ... s.zip?dl=0 (the file is only 1.1M) [let me know if you have trouble getting this file]

2) shut down OOTP (or load a league other than the DDB)

3) go to your '.../saved_games/DDB.lg/news/html/images' folder on your local machine (replace DDB. with whatever you called it if you didn't call it DDB.lg)

Note:(if you have created any custom logos for the DDB back them up first and you can put them back after step 6

4) delete the 'league_logos' folder [this folder only contains logos for the DDB so deleting it is fine]

5) delete the 'team_logos' folder [this folder only contains logos for the DDB so deleting it is fine]

6) Extract the contents of the file downloadeded in step 1 into '.../saved_games/DDB.lg/news/html/images' folder

7) Load the DDB in-game and the new logos should load.
Last edited by St Bernard Terror on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM Mark Daniel

St Bernard Terror 1990-2026+, '22 '21 ’04 ’02 ‘00 Champions, 24 Division Championships, 3396 wins-2598 losses .567
also Commissioner of tMBU, GM of Minnesota Lake Monsters(tMBU), Philadelphia Phillies(EIB) and Cincinnati Reds(BTFL)
St Bernard Terror

Postby St Bernard Terror » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:02 pm

If you create custom logos/uniforms on your own machine those will not be shared with the league. The commish needs them on his machine and even then I'm not sure whether they'll get distributed.

If you want me to add your custom logos to the file I just uploaded just email them to me (rpmark@live.com)
GM Mark Daniel

St Bernard Terror

Postby dbemont » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks, Mark. I did what you said, and it worked for most of the ML teams. And since this showed me what is needed, I then copied those two folders over from my main PC, and I now have logos and unis for all major and minor league teams on my laptop.

With any luck, these will go out to everyone as part of tomorrow's sim.

But, if not, here are the folders that I put onto my computer, and I would expect they ought to do the complete job for anyone:
www.bemont.net/DogDays12/backups/dogdayslogos.zip

Vastly less disk space than I had feared. Thanks again!
dbemont
Site Admin

Postby KirbyPuckett » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Are the images also hosted elsewhere, like on the ftp site? I don't have a dropbox account.
KirbyPuckett

Postby HoodRiverDave » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm

this all worked great - thanks, guys!
HoodRiverDave

Postby dbemont » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm

KirbyPuckett wrote:Are the images also hosted elsewhere, like on the ftp site? I don't have a dropbox account.
The link I posted above will give you all of it.
dbemont
Site Admin

Postby geebob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 am

Don and Mark,

Thanks very much for doing this. The game looks even more amazing now.

Best regards,
Jeff
geebob

Return to General Discussion